Abbaye Notre-Dame de Fontaine-Guérard
In the Andelle valley, enjoy the tranquillity of one of the most beautiful Cistercian abbeys in Normandy.
Nestled by a miraculous stream "the healing fountain" in an unspoilt natural setting, there used to be an abbey for nuns dedicated to prayer and meditation.
Founded in 1190, it was attached to the Cistercian Order of Citeaux in 1207 and completed in 1253.
Despite damages caused by the French Revolution in 1789, the remaining monastic buildings are considered as a masterpiece of Anglo-Normand Gothic architecture from the early 13th century that reflects the Cistercian strictness in its purity of form.
The visit will take you through the troglodytic cellars, the church and its vaulted choir, the nuns' building with the Chapter House, the workroom, the dormitory with its beautiful framework, and the monastic gardens dotted with sculptures of the women who have lived in this tranquil and serene place.
You will be carried away by this enchanting place!
- Animals allowed : yes
- Services : ,
- Means of payment : , , ,
|Base rate - full rate adult||6,00 €|
|Reduced rate||4,50 €|
|Rate for families||17,00 €|
- The 10 April
- From 18 April to 24 April 2022
- From 30 April to 15 May 2022
- The 26 May
- From 04 June to 05 June 2022
- The 06 June
- From 04 July to 08 July 2022
Closed : Samedi - Dimanche
- From 11 July to 15 July 2022
Closed : Mercredi - Jeudi - Samedi - Dimanche
- The 18 July
- From 21 July to 29 July 2022
- From 30 July to 31 July 2022
- From 01 August to 12 August 2022
- From 13 August to 14 August 2022
- From 15 August to 19 August 2022
- From 22 August to 26 August 2022
- The 29 August
- The 02 September
- The 09 September
- From 17 September to 18 September 2022
- The 23 September
- The 30 September
- From 29 October to 30 October 2022